A little bit about our trainers
Brian is the owner and lead trainer at CrossFit Legacy. Brian started CrossFitting in 2007 and opened the first affiliate in Summit county. He immediately saw the value in the core principles of CrossFit– constantly varied functional movements executed at high intensity.
Brian says, “I really came up with the name CrossFit Legacy because I wanted to be able to leave a legacy of health and wellness for my 3 kids. CrossFit Legacy is going to continue to evolve, to grow. It’ll be exciting to see what continues to happen because of the people that are here.”
Brian has a wide variety of experience, both personally and professionally with CrossFit and sports alike:
- Graduated from Malone University with a degree in Sports Medicine and Athletic Training
- All American baseball player at Malone University (1995-1999)
- Spent 7 years as an Athletic Trainer at Chippewa High School
- CrossFit Level 1 Certification
- CrossFit Kids Certification
- Olympic Lifting Instructor Certification
- Concept 2 Rowing Summit
Brian is well-known in the CrossFit community– both locally and nationally.
- Trained three elite athletes who have participated in the CrossFit games
- CrossFit Games Central East Regional: Judging and Standards Director 2010
- CrossFit Games Central East Regional: Competition Director 2011
- Event Director of the CrossFit Open at the Arnold Classic 2011 and 2012
- CrossFit Games Central East Regional: Regional Director 2012
- CrossFit Games: Management Staff 2012
- Event Director of the Tournament of Teams at the Arnold Classic 2013
- Crossfit Games Central East Regional: Regional Director 2013
While Brian has experience training and advising elite CrossFit athletes, he also coaches the CrossFit Kids class and a class geared specifically towards CrossFitters aged 60+. To Brian, fitness is a lifelong pursuit, and he promotes health and well-being to all people, despite age or physical condition.
The CrossFit Legacy affiliate has long had a reputation of excellent coaching and a welcoming community. Brian has always worked to make the box a second home for members– a place where people can come to workout, learn, and have fun.
Brandon is a husband to a supportive wife and father of two beautiful daughters. He is a health and physical education teacher in a local high school. He is experienced football, wrestling and track coach. In 2009 Brandon was introduced to Crossfit through a friend. He and his wife have continued their fitness pursuits through the pregnancies of both their daughters.
Brandon says “Crossfit makes me feel like an athlete again. It has allowed me to meet my weight loss goals without sacrificing strength. I enjoy being an example of health and fitness to my friends and family.”
Brandon’s education experience includes:
- Bachelors from Bluffton University 2006
- Masters work in Exercise Physiology University of Akron
- Crossfit level 1 cert 2012
- 189th place Central East region 2013
- 5th place Crossfit Utility Throwdown 2013
- 2nd place CFNA winter challenge 2013
- 308th place Central East region 2012
- 63rd place in 2014 Open
- 77th place in 2015 Open
- 1st place in 2015 winter challenge
- 1st place 2015 winter classic
- 1st place 2015 stadium games
- 1st place 2016 snowball games
Lauren was first exposed to CrossFit in 2008 and has been regularly Crossfitting since March 2010. Lauren was skeptical of CrossFit at first, but found she really enjoyed the intensity and variety that IS CrossFit–not to mention the awesome community.
Over time, Lauren has attended various events to increase her knowledge of all things CrossFit.
- Level One Certification, June 2011
- Movement & Mobility certification, October 2011
- Olympic Lifting Seminar, March 2012
- USAW Level One Certification, September 2012
Prior to CrossFit, Lauren was an avid runner– completing 3 full marathons. In addition to doing CrossFit, Lauren also does Yoga.
In the gym, Lauren is passionate about helping Legacy members set and achieve their fitness goals. Lauren regularly works one-on-one with athletes to help them set reasonable goals- and helps them write and execute a plans to succeed.
Lauren is a Kent State graduate and an economist by training. She currently works in Strategic Planning. When she is not Crossfitting, she can be found cooking delicious Paleo foods or working on her “suppleness”.