Brian is the owner and lead trainer at CrossFit Legacy. Brian started CrossFitting in 2007 and opened the first affiliate in Summit county. He immediately saw the value in the core principles of CrossFit– constantly varied functional movements executed at high intensity.
Brian says, “I really came up with the name CrossFit Legacy because I wanted to be able to leave a legacy of health and wellness for my 3 kids. CrossFit Legacy is going to continue to evolve, to grow. It’ll be exciting to see what continues to happen because of the people that are here.”
Brian has a wide variety of experience, both personally and professionally with CrossFit and sports alike:
[list style=”style4″ line=”none”]
- Graduated from Malone University with a degree in Sports Medicine and Athletic Training
- All American baseball player at Malone University (1995-1999)
- Spent 7 years as an Athletic Trainer at Chippewa High School
- CrossFit Level 1 Certification
- CrossFit Kids Certification
- Olympic Lifting Instructor Certification
- Concept 2 Rowing Summit
Brian is well-known in the CrossFit community– both locally and nationally.
[list style=”style4″ line=”none”]
- Trained three elite athletes who have participated in the CrossFit games
- CrossFit Games Central East Regional: Judging and Standards Director 2010
- CrossFit Games Central East Regional: Competition Director 2011
- Event Director of the CrossFit Open at the Arnold Classic 2011 and 2012
- CrossFit Games Central East Regional: Regional Director 2012
- CrossFit Games: Management Staff 2012
- Event Director of the Tournament of Teams at the Arnold Classic 2013
- Crossfit Games Central East Regional: Regional Director 2013
While Brian has experience training and advising elite CrossFit athletes, he also coaches the CrossFit Kids class and a class geared specifically towards CrossFitters aged 60+. To Brian, fitness is a lifelong pursuit, and he promotes health and well-being to all people, despite age or physical condition.
The CrossFit Legacy affiliate has long had a reputation of excellent coaching and a welcoming community. Brian has always worked to make the box a second home for members– a place where people can come to workout, learn, and have fun.
Lauren was first exposed to CrossFit in 2008 and has been regularly Crossfitting since March 2010. Lauren was skeptical of CrossFit at first, but found she really enjoyed the intensity and variety that IS CrossFit–not to mention the awesome community.
Over time, Lauren has attended various events to increase her knowledge of all things CrossFit.
- Level One Certification, June 2011
- Movement & Mobility certification, October 2011
- Olympic Lifting Seminar, March 2012
- USAW Level One Certification, September 2012
Prior to CrossFit, Lauren was an avid runner– completing 3 full marathons. In addition to doing CrossFit, Lauren also does Yoga.
In the gym, Lauren is passionate about helping Legacy members set and achieve their fitness goals. Lauren regularly works one-on-one with athletes to help them set reasonable goals- and helps them write and execute a plans to succeed.
Lauren is a Kent State graduate and an economist by training. She currently works in Strategic Planning. When she is not Crossfitting, she can be found cooking delicious Paleo foods or working on her “suppleness”.
Coach Mike has been involved with weightlifting since the age of ten. He has coached multiple state record holders as well as national level lifters.
Some of his accomplishments include:
- USAW level 1 coach
- MS Exercise Physiology
- BS Strength and Conditioning and Coaching
- 15+ years experience in weightlifting
- Coached multiple national level lifters/American open medalist/International Masters medalist
- Co Director Arnold Classic 2013,2014